|Lisainfo||The course ''Estonian A2 (Elementary)'' is perfect for you if you have already acquired basic language skills and wish to continue learning the language further. It is also suitable for those who are restarting their language learning journey, having the basic language principles in mind, and now desire to progress in the language from that foundation.|
A2 level (consisting of A2.1 and A2.2 sub-levels) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is the higher beginner level, which is recommended to study after completing 100-120 academic hours of prior language learning at A1 level. By the end of the A2 level course, you will be able to communicate in simpler everyday situations and understand and use slightly more complex expressions and phrases coompared to A1 level. Additionally, you will be able to find specific information in simple everyday texts such as advertisements, job offers, brochures, menus, timetables, etc., and comprehend simple personal letters. During the course, you will acquire vocabulary that allows you to describe experiences, activities, and plans, as well as communicate on familiar topics like hobbies, work, travel, etc. Moreover, by the end of the course, you will be able to write simple letters and messages and handle everyday situations that require direct and straightforward information exchange on familiar topics.
CEFR divides language proficiency levels into six main levels, A1-C2, which are further divided into sub-levels A1.1-C2.2, where A1.1 represents the beginner level and C2.2 stands for the highest possible language proficiency level. For detailed information and official CEFR documentation, see official CEFR website (in English, website opens in a new tab). You can also assess your language proficiency using the Council of Europe Self-Assessment Grid that is based on CEFR.
MINI-GROUP (from 4 to 8 students)
Tuition fee for private persons*: 1150 Euros (special early bird fee 1116 eurot) for the entire course (105 contact hours during the period 22.09.2023-31.05.2024).
- Private persons* studying at Tallinn Language School can claim a personal income tax refund from Estonian Tax and Customs Board from the cost of the language course when submitting their income tax declaration.
- Private persons* have the option to pay the tuition fee in several installments by indicating their choice in the payment field of the course registration form and making the tuition fee payments as follows:
- payment in one installment: 1150 Euros (special early bird fee: 1116 Euros);
- payment in two installments: 1170 (= 2 × 585) Euros (special early bird fee: 1136 = 2 × 568 Euros);
- payment in three installments: 1179 (= 3 × 393) Euros (special early bird fee: 1146 = 3 × 382 Euros).
- Special early bird course tuition fee is valid for the course registration until 01.09.2023 and payment of the invoice (full tuition fee or installment) before the first contact lesson of the course.
- Additional discount for continuing students of Tallinn Language School is reflected on the invoice.
Course tuition fee for legal entities: 1167 Euros + VAT for the entire course.
Course schedule and duration
- The course takes place from 22.09.2023 to 31.05.2024, weekly on Fri 16:30-18:45 (1×3 ac/h per week).
- The total duration of the course is 105 academic class hours. Every week there will be 3 academic hours of instructed learning.
- Christmas holiday will take place from 25.12.2023 to 07.01.2024 and no classes will be held during that time.
Additional course information
- Registration for the course is open until the group is fully booked.
- The cost of study materials is not included in the course price.
* A student is considered as a private person if s/he participates in language classes (including distance learning) or individual lessons and pays the language course tuition fee as a private person. In exceptional cases, another private person may pay the tuition fee on behalf of the student.